Saturday, October 24, 2009

Raining Again


The rain has been coming down for 3 days now, makes it hard for me to get out fishing. I hate standing or sitting if I'm in the boat in the rain, especially if its cold. We had 3 beautiful days last week and I did manage to get out fishing. Now its 39 degrees and raining. I can only hope for continued cold so the ice fishing season will open earlier than usual in my part of the country. So I guess I will check the line on my ice fishing rods and make sure everything is ready for the ice. I can't wait. The water in the river by my house is very very cold, I'm sure its a bit colder than usual for this time of the year, and we did have an unseasonably mild summer. I also really need to go buy new rain gear as mine is leaking in the shoulder area so its quite ineffective. I also like to use my rain gear for ice fishing because it really blocks the wind. So I will have to do that soon, see if I can get a good deal on a nice jacket and pants combo. I did get a really nice pair of mittens for ice fishing last year where you can unsnap the bottom part of the mitten to expose your fingers when you need to. They are really nice and warm. My feet are what gives me problems when I am out on the ice. I have a thick pair of boots that I have had for over 20 years and they are still in good shape with a wool insert. My feet still get cold very easily. I usually wear 2 pair of socks inside the boot and still I have cold feet. So this summer I asked my 2 sisters to knit me some thick long socks. Maybe this will do the trick for my cold feet. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just came across your blog this evening and read your previous posts. I enjoy your vigor for fishing, and, especially ice fishing. that is one of my favorite times also. Live out in Idaho so won't be that long until ice fishing is in mode. Stop by my blog over at Idaho Fishin' Talk and say hello. Your comments are always welcome. Will be back to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete