Friday, October 16, 2009

It's too cold to fish !!

Wow, I can't believe how cold it's been this October already. Not only did we have a really mild summer, ( I don't think I ran the air conditioner in August), it's unseasonably cold right now. Makes going fishing a bit of a drag, I really don't like to be cold when I'm fishing unless of course I'm standing on the ice. Not that I like being cold when I'm ice fishing, I don't, but then I would have my ice shelter and a heater. And don't forget the big thermos of hot coffee. My husband and I like to fish some really nice areas in Indiana as we only live 10 miles from the Indiana border. In Indiana however they close our favorite lake to hunting right around this time of the year, and even though hunting doesn't go until the lake freezes, there will be no more fishing until the ice comes in. Makes my hubby crazy. We can still fish in Illinois, we live on a river, but someone stole our outboard motor a few weeks ago. Unbelievable!! That motor has been on our boat in the driveway, ( we put the boat in the garage in the winter), for 7 years and never had a problem. We went out a couple of weeks ago to go fishing and the motor was gone. So no motor, no river fishing for us. Going to have to get a new motor this spring when we get our income tax check. So now I sit and wait for the lakes to freeze. I'm thinking it will be sooner than later because of the weather we have been having the past month. Usually in Illinois we don't get to ice fish till well into the winter months, usually January. This year I think will be earlier. Hope so, its unbearable when you can't fish when you really want to. Good things come to those who wait, or so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment